71a839ea0870136c22a452df12aec4af0acd7af1cf599281a0 A Mother's Day Tale ~ Spiller Kustoms

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Widgets

A Mother's Day Tale

I am writing this post so that hopefully I can inspire others to be more kind and giving to those less fortunate.  It doesn't take much to make someone's day be better and the feeling that you get from doing so will make a lasting impression.

Last year for around Mothers Day I had won a beautiful teak bench from Makobi Scribe.  It was rather unexpected as all of my winnings.  Just to let you know, I enter sweepstakes for fun and for me to fill my time.  Sometimes, I win something and keep it, but most of the time I give it away to family or people that would appreciate and use the items.  For non-believers, I encourage you to enter sweepstakes if you have the time.  I have won some very nice things, and they are always unexpected.

So as it turn out, I did not have a place to keep the bench.  I was living in a very small apartment, and thought maybe my mother might want it.  However, I felt that my mom already has too much stuff at her house, and this would be something else that she would store in the storage.  She hangs onto everything and it bothers me with the amount of things that is in her house, so that was out of the question.

Then, my boyfriend  had the idea to give it to this elderly lady who lived close to our shop.  She had nothing to sit on in the backyard, and the bench would be perfect for her. We did not know her very well, but I wanted to give it to someone who could use it and appreciate the beautiful bench.  My boyfriend brought it to her and got her grandson to stain and set it up.  From what I heard she loved it and was ecstatic that we gave her such a beautiful bench.  I wish that I could have met her and see her with the bench, and I hope that I had made her Mother's Day wonderful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spiller Kustoms
Review http://spillerkustoms.blogspot.com/ on alexa.com

My blog has recently been added to Top Mommy Blogs, which is part of one of the largest networks of blog directories on the Web. Please visit my blog's personal page to vote for my blog and comment to other blog users.