71a839ea0870136c22a452df12aec4af0acd7af1cf599281a0 My Favorite Comfort Food #CHALLENGETOWRITE. Day 2 ~ Spiller Kustoms

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Widgets

My Favorite Comfort Food #CHALLENGETOWRITE. Day 2

Of all of the world's best comfort food that I can think of, I think that my favorite would be baked macaroni and cheese.  I don't make it very often.  In fact, the only time of the year that we have it is around the holidays.  It is such a wonderful holiday dish.  It is the quintessential of the perfect side dish to go with your main course of ham or turkey.  I just love the creamy, richness of it.  The only problem is the added calories from the cream and cheese that I put into my version of this beloved all-American holiday dish.  I know that there are lighter versions that I could do.  But only the sinful version is what I make.  My children love this dish, and they always go for second helpings or more.  I often go and browse for better versions on Pinterest but I still like my recipe the most.  So what is your favorite comfort food and why?

To see what other bloggers say on today's topic click on the Challenge to Write button on the left, or click here.

6 comments:

  1. Macaroni and cheese is amazing! I have my own recipe for the "good" kind as well - passed to me from my husbands grandmother -- its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now we are talking!! Baked Mac and Cheese is awesome anytime, what a great comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a good mac & cheese. I try to stay away but it does call my name sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves mac&cheese too! I make one with spinach and spicy ham. It is really good but like you I don't eat it very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baked mac & cheese - a favorite with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same! I love baked mac n cheese it's something I do not make often cause of what it requires and how fattening lol It's sooooo good though!

    ReplyDelete

Spiller Kustoms
Review http://spillerkustoms.blogspot.com/ on alexa.com

My blog has recently been added to Top Mommy Blogs, which is part of one of the largest networks of blog directories on the Web. Please visit my blog's personal page to vote for my blog and comment to other blog users.